By Dave Parkes,Geoff Walton
- Explores the effect of the social and technological elements of internet 2.0 on libraries and library services
- Draws on empirical research
- Experienced practitioners
Read or Download Web 2.0 and Libraries: Impacts, Technologies and Trends (Chandos Information Professional Series) PDF
Best library & information science books
A better half quantity to Immigrants and the yank event (1999), this ebook covers American public library prone to immigrants from 1876 to 2003. As such it offers a very good textual content on public library providers to diversified teams and multiculturalism in public libraries. It offers an in depth exposition of immigration legislation, observed through an research of legislation affecting libraries.
This eclectic quantity stocks vibrant examples of ways educational librarians, encouraged by way of the writings of famous library chief and blogger Barbara Fister, are enticing with others and blazing a management course for the occupation on themes resembling info literacy, scholarly communique and e-publishing, librarian profession adaptability and healthcare privateness rights.
Pcs more and more acquire, deal with, and examine information for scholarly examine. associated info provides libraries the facility to aid this e-research, making it a robust instrument. Libraries are at a tipping aspect in adoption of associated info, and this factor of Library expertise studies explores present learn in associated open information, explaining techniques and pioneering prone.
Maximizing digital assets administration in Libraries: utilising company strategy administration examines using company technique administration (BPM) and the methods it may be beneficially utilized to digital assets administration (ERM) to aid arrange procedures in libraries. The booklet bargains librarians a skillset that might cause them to prepared for quite a few library environments.
- Open Access: What You Need to Know Now (ALA Editions: Special Reports)
- Informationsressourcen für Slawisten (Bibliotheks- und Informationspraxis) (German Edition)
- In-House Bookbinding and Repair
- Serving Homeschooled Teens and Their Parents (Libraries Unlimited Professional Guides for Young Adult Librarians Series)
- The 21st Century Academic Library: Global Patterns of Organization and Discourse (Chandos Information Professional Series)
- RFID in Libraries: A Step toward Interoperability (Library Technology Reports, July 2012)
Additional info for Web 2.0 and Libraries: Impacts, Technologies and Trends (Chandos Information Professional Series)
Web 2.0 and Libraries: Impacts, Technologies and Trends (Chandos Information Professional Series) by Dave Parkes,Geoff Walton