By Larry S. Pozner,Roger J. Dodd
In Cross-Examination: technological know-how and strategies, moment Edition, Larry Pozner and Roger Dodd proceed their impressive culture of aiding lawyers behavior commanding cross-examinations. the second one version deals deeper research of cross-examination tools, with extra integration and interrelationship of concepts and ideas. In examining hundreds of thousands of latest trial stories, they current effective recommendations to confront the demanding situations of evolving admissibility criteria and digital discovery, and finally, support lawyers improve cross-examination talents which are serious to trial good fortune. within you will discover useful recommendation on how to:
• Use competitors' objections because the springboard for deeper and broader cross-examinations.
• series cross-examination to coach the speculation of the case within the top manner, and to actually extend the foundations of admissibility.
• Use "loops" (the perform of incorporating and repeating key words and phrases in successive inquiries to the witness) to rename witnesses and shows.
• Use "double loops" to discredit opposing professional witnesses.
• Use voir dire to create nice jurors
• Use a fact-driven research to advance a successful conception
• Use a witness's personal phrases to stick to your subject and idea
• keep watch over the runaway witness
• converse profitable theories in establishing, move, and shutting
• Use loops to field within the witness
• Use tactical sequencing to create the main strong go
• Convert a witness's silence into admission of truth
• set off the witness to voice your pre-selected phrases
• organize for devastating impeachment
• shut off any break out routes for the witness
• Punish the evasive or "I have no idea" witness
• keep an eye on the crying witness
• Use timing, posture, inflection, diction, wording, eye touch, and different results to stress a witness's concession
Effective cross-examination is a technological know-how with confirmed guidance, identifiable ideas, and definable equipment. lawyers can how you can keep watch over the result with cautious training, calculated approach, potent talents, and a disciplined demeanor. Pozner and Dodd's treatise is still the definitive advisor to getting ready killer cross-examinations, purely from LexisNexis.
Read or Download Cross-Examination: Science and Techniques PDF
Best law practice books
The thoroughly revised and up-to-date fourth variation of the main relied on paralegal table references out there. Now totally revised and elevated: the bestselling table reference for paralegals at any point. each one bankruptcy has been thoroughly up to date to incorporate the newest step by step directions for each point of a paralegal's task, with new strategies, checklists, and assets all through.
The Spanish aspect in Texas water legislations is an issue of extreme value to many landholders whose livelihood relies on securing water for irrigation and to many groups quite excited about water offer. Titles to a few 280,000 acres of Texas land originated in can provide made by means of the Crown of Spain or by way of the Republic of Mexico.
How one can arrange and Run a legislations place of work Efficiently is an intensive how-to handbook, excellent for legislation scholars, lawyers, felony secretaries, paralegals, and aid employees. the writer, who has over 25 years of expertise as a felony secretary and legislations workplace supervisor, stocks her huge wisdom, event, and abilities in delivering tips about: discovering a legislations workplace position; Forming a company; developing banking money owed; developing a number of software program courses; Networking; constructing place of work strategies; and shutting consumer documents to lessen garage charges.
This ebook contains each excellent courtroom case correct to elections and political illustration from the Court's beginnings to 2001, together with the 2001 determination in cook dinner v. Gralike that constrained electorate' rights to show Federal representatives. it's a fundamental rfile reference publication geared up topically in 16 chapters.
- Questioned Documents: A Lawyer's Handbook
- L'Europe du droit face aux entreprises planétaires (Macro droit / Micro droit) (French Edition)
- The Zen of Passing the Bar Exam
- Beyond Right and Wrong: The Power of Effective Decision Making for Attorneys and Clients
- The Marble and the Sculptor: From Law School to Law Practice
Extra resources for Cross-Examination: Science and Techniques
Cross-Examination: Science and Techniques by Larry S. Pozner,Roger J. Dodd