By Fotis Lazarinis
Cataloguing and type introduces suggestions and practices in cataloguing and class, and customary library criteria. The e-book introduces and analyzes the foundations and buildings of library catalogues, together with the applying of AACR2, RDA, DDC, LCC, LCSH and MARC 21 criteria, and conceptual types akin to ISBD, FRBR and FRAD. The textual content additionally introduces DC, MODS, METS, EAD and VRA middle metadata schemes for annotating electronic resources.
- Explains the speculation and perform of bibliographic control
- Offers a pragmatic method of the center themes of cataloguing and classification
- Includes step by step examples to demonstrate software of the important cataloguing and class standards
- Describes the recent descriptive cataloguing regular RDA, and its conceptual floor, FRBR and FRAD
- Guides the reader in the direction of cataloguing and classifying fabrics in a electronic environment
Read Online or Download Cataloguing and Classification: An introduction to AACR2, RDA, DDC, LCC, LCSH and MARC 21 Standards PDF
Similar library & information science books
A better half quantity to Immigrants and the yank adventure (1999), this booklet covers American public library companies to immigrants from 1876 to 2003. As such it offers an outstanding textual content on public library providers to various teams and multiculturalism in public libraries. It provides an in depth exposition of immigration legislation, observed by way of an research of legislation affecting libraries.
This eclectic quantity stocks brilliant examples of the way educational librarians, encouraged by means of the writings of famous library chief and blogger Barbara Fister, are attractive with others and blazing a management direction for the career on issues resembling info literacy, scholarly conversation and e-publishing, librarian occupation adaptability and healthcare privateness rights.
Pcs more and more acquire, deal with, and examine info for scholarly learn. associated information provides libraries the power to aid this e-research, making it a strong device. Libraries are at a tipping element in adoption of associated info, and this factor of Library expertise stories explores present study in associated open information, explaining suggestions and pioneering prone.
Maximizing digital assets administration in Libraries: utilizing enterprise approach administration examines using enterprise procedure administration (BPM) and the methods it may be beneficially utilized to digital assets administration (ERM) to aid arrange methods in libraries. The ebook deals librarians a skillset that would lead them to prepared for numerous library environments.
- Bibliotheksdidaktik: Grundlagen zur Förderung von Informationskompetenz (Bibliotheks- und Informationspraxis) (German Edition)
- The New Librarianship Field Guide (MIT Press)
- A Day in the Life: Career Options in Library and Information Science
- Effects of two instructional strategies on achievement in library use instruction among secondary school students with hearing impairment in Oyo State, Nigeria
- ISBD: International Standard Bibliographic Description: Consolidated Edition (IFLA Series on Bibliographic Control)
Extra info for Cataloguing and Classification: An introduction to AACR2, RDA, DDC, LCC, LCSH and MARC 21 Standards
Cataloguing and Classification: An introduction to AACR2, RDA, DDC, LCC, LCSH and MARC 21 Standards by Fotis Lazarinis