By Elizabeth C Burns
This booklet brings to mild the present task tasks of the healthcare librarian, yet whilst finds a dichotomy. In concept, advances in healthcare learn promise greater care and enhanced safeguard for sufferers. In perform, there are boundaries that undermine swap. the writer calls awareness to the underutilized healthcare librarian at a time whilst scientific details supply to the physician or nurse is the same as or extra very important than how stressed the clinic is. this can be a e-book for healthcare stakeholders who aid evidence-based perform and for these contemplating getting into scientific librarianship. The career is in flux as hospitals needs to make a decision whether or not they can have enough money a library and librarian or whether or not they can have the funds for to not have one.
- Discusses present traits in healthcare librarianship
- Describes the day-by-day task duties of a hospital librarian
- Looks at boundaries to hospitals practising evidence-based medicine
- Connects superior sufferer care to healthcare librarian services
Read Online or Download Being a Solo Librarian in Healthcare: Pivoting for 21st Century Healthcare Information Delivery PDF
Similar library & information science books
A significant other quantity to Immigrants and the yankee event (1999), this ebook covers American public library providers to immigrants from 1876 to 2003. As such it offers a superb textual content on public library providers to diversified teams and multiculturalism in public libraries. It offers a close exposition of immigration legislation, followed via an research of legislation affecting libraries.
This eclectic quantity stocks bright examples of ways educational librarians, encouraged through the writings of famous library chief and blogger Barbara Fister, are enticing with others and blazing a management direction for the career on themes similar to info literacy, scholarly communique and e-publishing, librarian profession adaptability and healthcare privateness rights.
Desktops more and more acquire, deal with, and research info for scholarly study. associated facts provides libraries the facility to aid this e-research, making it a strong software. Libraries are at a tipping aspect in adoption of associated information, and this factor of Library know-how experiences explores present study in associated open facts, explaining techniques and pioneering companies.
Maximizing digital assets administration in Libraries: employing enterprise method administration examines using enterprise method administration (BPM) and the methods it may be beneficially utilized to digital assets administration (ERM) to assist set up methods in libraries. The ebook bargains librarians a skillset that might lead them to prepared for a number of library environments.
- Linked Data and User Interaction (IFLA Publications)
- Museums, Migration and Identity in Europe: Peoples, Places and Identities
- Resources Anytime, Anywhere: How Interlibrary Loan Becomes Resource Sharing (Chandos Information Professional Series)
- Describing Music Materials: A Manual for Resource Description of Printed and Recorded Music and Music Videos
- An Introduction To Library Science
- Inquiry and the Common Core: Librarians and Teachers Designing Teaching for Learning: Librarians and Teachers Designing Teaching for Learning
Additional info for Being a Solo Librarian in Healthcare: Pivoting for 21st Century Healthcare Information Delivery
Being a Solo Librarian in Healthcare: Pivoting for 21st Century Healthcare Information Delivery by Elizabeth C Burns