By Stephen L. Harp
A international historical past of Rubber is helping readers comprehend and achieve new insights into the social and cultural contexts of world creation and intake, from the 19th century to this present day, during the attention-grabbing tale of 1 commodity.
- Divides the insurance into issues of race, migration, and exertions; gender on plantations and in factories; call for and daily intake; global Wars and nationalism; and resistance and independence
- Highlights the interrelatedness of our international lengthy ahead of the age of globalization and the worldwide social inequalities that persist today
- Discusses key ideas of the 19th and 20th centuries, together with imperialism, industrialization, racism, and inequality, in the course of the lens of rubber
- Provides a fascinating and available narrative for all degrees that's packed with archival learn, illustrations, and maps
Read Online or Download A World History of Rubber: Empire, Industry, and the Everyday PDF
Best world history books
The Routledge spouse to relevant and japanese Europe in view that 1919 is a compact and finished reference consultant to the world, from the Treaty of Versailles to the current day. With specific specialize in the early nationalist and next fascist and communist sessions, Adrian Webb offers a necessary advisor to the occasions, humans and ideas that have formed, and proceed to form, primary and jap Europe because the re-ordering of Europe on the finish of the 1st global conflict.
This enticing and humanizing textual content lines the improvement of Europe because the mid-eighteenth century during the lives of individuals of the time. taking pictures key moments, subject matters, and occasions within the continent's turbulent smooth earlier, the publication explores how traditional Europeans either formed their societies and have been laid low with greater ancient tactics.
The Italian fascists lower than Benito Mussolini appropriated many elements of the country’s Catholic spiritual background to take advantage of the mystique and tool of the sacred. One idea that the regime deployed as a center method was once that of “sacrifice. ” during this booklet, Chiara Ferrari interrogates how the rhetoric of sacrifice used to be utilized by the Italian fascist regime in the course of the interwar years to help its totalitarian venture and its imaginative and prescient of an all-encompassing bond among the folk and the country.
Even though much better recognized for his or her exploits over the conflict torn skies of Germany and Italy, the USAAF's optimal combatants, the P-47 and P-51, additionally made major contributions to the victory opposed to Japan from 1943 onwards. This publication relates the looks of the Allison-engined A-36As and P-51As over Rangoon from India in November 1943, the first Air Commando staff in China, P-47s over the jungles of recent Guinea in 1943, escorting B-29s on long-range bombing sorties opposed to the house Islands in 1944-45 and in other places.
- Church-State Relations in the Early American Republic, 1787–1846
- Meridian Township (Images of America)
- British Campaigns in the South Atlantic 1805-1807
- The Proletarian Dream: Socialism, Culture, and Emotion in Germany, 1863–1933 (Interdisciplinary German Cultural Studies)
- Slavery in the Circuit of Sugar, Second Edition: Martinique and the World-Economy, 1830-1848 (SUNY Series, Fernand Braudel Center Studies in Historical Social Science)
Extra resources for A World History of Rubber: Empire, Industry, and the Everyday
A World History of Rubber: Empire, Industry, and the Everyday by Stephen L. Harp